Simplyhealth pledges support to Andover Rugby Club’s Youth Academy
Healthcare provider Simplyhealth helped kick off the new season for Andover Rugby Club’s Youth Academy by donating £12,000.
Simplyhealth has a long standing relationship with the Andover club, with special emphasis focused on their Youth Academy, and during the past eight years, Simplyhealth has donated in the region of £64,000.
With over 350 young rugby players using the club's facilities each season, the donation will help towards the cost of the club’s end of season pitch maintenance programme as well as the planned refurbishment of the clubhouse heating and hot water system.
On behalf of the whole club, I would like to say a huge thank you to Simplyhealth for its continued support. With the extreme weather conditions we experienced last winter, our two main pitches needed some major refurbishment work and without Simplyhealth’s support our players would have been left with unplayable surfaces. The funding that Simplyhealth has provided, has enabled us to have the pitches vertidrained, re-seeded and fertilised, with our contractor also spreading nearly 100 tonnes of top dressing on our two main pitches.
This refurbishment programme is part of an ongoing project to ensure that we provide and maintain safe pitches and training areas for all our players. In addition to this work we can now also complete a long standing project involving the replacement of one of our hot water boilers as well as a new hot water storage tank.
Andover Rugby Club offers a valuable contribution to the local community by offering their facilities to young people of all abilities. The club not only enables young people to play rugby, but also offers so much more by helping youngsters to become ‘team’ players, as well as learning respect for both themselves as well as others, all of which helps to further build their confidence and self esteem. We are pleased to be able support the club that touches so many people within the local community.
Simplyhealth has active community funds in five of its locations, Andover, Bristol, Leeds, Letchworth and Manchester, which exist to support charities and organisations in the local community. To contact the Andover community fund please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Simplyhealth’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/simplyhealthuk or follow us on Twitter @SimplyhealthUK to find out more on how the company works with local and national charities.
- We became Simplyhealth in 2009 after bringing together HSA, BCWA, LHF, HealthSure, Totally Active, our family of health companies have joined together over the last ten years to form Simplyhealth
- In December 2011, we acquired Denplan Limited, the UK's leading dental payment plan specialist
- We’ve been providing healthcare solutions for 140 years, dedicated to serving our customers and patients through a variety of cash plans, dental plans, private medical insurance, self funded health plans and mobility and living aids
- Simplyhealth is a trading name of Simplyhealth Access, which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority
- Simplyhealth as it stands today, now covers nearly four million people with health plans (more than any other company) and helps 20,000 companies with their employees’ health
- Simplyhealth is committed to making a positive impact on its communities. Each year, we donate over £1 million to health related charities and causes