Des Benjamin is appointed President of the Institute of Customer Service
he Institute of Customer Service, the UK's professional body for customer service, has appointed Des Benjamin, chief executive of healthcare provider Simplyhealth, as its new President.
The role of the President is to represent the Institute in promoting awareness of the importance of customer service excellence and professionalism.
Des Benjamin comments: "It is an honour to represent the Institute and to build on it its reputation for setting standards and demonstrating the tangible business impact of customer service. There has never been a more important time for business and political leaders to grasp the importance of customer service to the success of organisations, the employability of individuals, and the UK economy as a whole. I'm looking forward to working with the Institute and its members to promote the business value of customer service excellence."
Mary Chapman, chairman of the Institute of Customer Service adds:
"I'm delighted that Des Benjamin has agreed to be our President. Des has a track record of building sustainable business success based on a distinctive service ethos. His appointment will be huge asset to the Institute, our members, and the business community in general."
About Simply Health
- We became Simplyhealth in 2009 after bringing together HSA, BCWA, LHF, HealthSure, Totally Active, our family of health companies have joined together over the last ten years to form Simplyhealth
- We've been providing healthcare solutions for 140 years, dedicated to serving our customers and patients through a variety of cash plans, dental plans, private medical insurance, self funded health plans and mobility and living aids
- Simplyhealth is a trading name of Simplyhealth Access, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority Simplyhealth as it stands today, now covers nearly four million people with health plans (more than any other company) and helps 20,000 companies with their employees' health
- Simplyhealth is committed to making a positive impact on its communities. Each year, we donate over £1 million to health related charities and causes
For further information:
Caroline Lakeman, Public Relations Manager 0844 579 2274/07795 294447
Lynsey Thorp, Public Relations Executive 0844 579 2266
About the Institute of Customer Service
The Institute of Customer Service is the professional body for customer service whose primary purpose is to lead and raise customer service performance and professionalism
The Institute is a membership body with a community of almost 400 organisational members - from the private, public and third sectors - and around 3,000 individual memberships. Organisations who are members of the Institute of Customer Service include Unilever, Marks & Spencer, British Gas, Birmingham City Council, The British Council.
Members benefit from a range of services including:
- Research and reports on the latest customer service trends and thinking, including the UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI)
- Benchmarking against other organisations
- Diagnostic tools to identify areas for improvement by surveying customers and employees
- Training and accreditation programmes for customer service professionals
- Professional qualifications for individual members at all stages of their career
For More Information contact:
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone - 01206 216180
Mobile - 07585 603446
Fax - 01206 546688
The information contained in these articles is intended to be for general interest, and should not be relied upon for specific conditions or complaints. You should always consult your GP or other healthcare practitioner for specific advice. The information provided is not the opinion of Simplyhealth and has been sourced through a third party.