Latest white paper examines the importance of culture in developing wellbeing strategies
The third in the series of Simplyhealth's white papers on workplace wellbeing strategies is available from today.
Taking an in depth look at the role culture, leadership and communication plays in developing these strategies, Professor Cary Cooper provides some helpful insights into to the need to get the balance between all three right.
Cary Cooper, Founding Director of Robertson Cooper* and distinguished Professor of Organisational Psychology and Health at Lancaster University comments: "Although creating a motivated, flexible and committed workforce may be the crucial driver for employers, they should also understand the moral aspect to improving employees' wellbeing. Employees will respond negatively to wellbeing initiatives if they believe they are merely being implemented to get them to work harder.
"That is why harnessing the right culture within a workplace is important, so there is an environment where employee wellbeing can flourish. Leadership is key to developing this culture and its success relies upon the buy in and cooperation of all leaders from the Board down."
Sales and Marketing Director, Jack Briggs says: "Creating a wellbeing strategy is of paramount importance to any business whether it employs five staff or 5,000. Profitability and good business performance come from engaged employees, and the more engaged they are, the more likely they are to surpass what is required of them."
Future white paper topics:
- Good health is good business - Return on Investment
- Combining Employee Benefits Packages - making efficiencies
- Self funded health plans and tax efficient wellbeing
Simplyhealth offers private medical insurance, health cash plans, dental plans and self funded health plans to help employers reward staff in a way that suits their company. 11,000 companies choose Simplyhealth as their healthcare provider and on average stay for ten years. For more information about our range of corporate health plans please visit www.simplyhealth.co.uk.
To view full copies of all our white papers please click here. To find out further information about Simplyhealth please visit www.simplyhealth.co.uk/business.
*For more information on the models and approaches that relate to Professor Cooper's thinking, go to his university spin-off company's website: www.robertsoncooper.com
Notes to editors
- We became Simplyhealth in 2009 after bringing together HSA, BCWA, LHF, HealthSure, Totally Active, our family of health companies have joined together over the last ten years to form Simplyhealth
- We've been providing healthcare solutions for 140 years, dedicated to serving our customers and patients through a variety of cash plans, dental plans, private medical insurance, self funded health plans and mobility and living aids
- Simplyhealth is a trading name of Simplyhealth Access, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority Simplyhealth as it stands today, now covers nearly four million people with health plans (more than any other company) and helps 20,000 companies with their employees' health
- Simplyhealth is committed to making a positive impact on its communities. Each year, we donate over £1 million to health related charities and causes
The information contained in these articles is intended to be for general interest, and should not be relied upon for specific conditions or complaints. You should always consult your GP or other healthcare practitioner for specific advice. The information provided is not the opinion of Simplyhealth and has been sourced through a third party.