More employers allow time off for dental visits
According to Simplyhealth’s latest dental survey, employers are being more lenient when it comes to allowing time off for dental appointments. In 2012, 9% of individuals said they were unable to visit their dentist more frequently as they couldn’t get the time off work. Now in 2013, this figure has reduced by over 50% to just 4% of individuals who cite this as a reason.
It’s encouraging to learn that more employers are allowing their employees time off to attend these important health appointments. Enabling employees to visit the dentist on a regular basis can help prevent problems occurring, which if left could result in more time away from the workplace. It also helps to promote a culture where employees feel valued. Affordability of dental visits remains a concern. In fact, 52% are worried about being able to afford dental care in the future which is a similar figure to what we saw last year (54%). There are ways that employers can help employees to meet the cost of everyday health appointments including visits to the dentist and optician. Health cash plans encourage employees to take a proactive approach to their health and start from as little as £5 a month per employee. With a health cash plan employees can claim money back towards the cost of regular check-ups and treatment, up to an annual limit.
Simplyhealth is dedicated to serving its customers and patients through a variety of cash plans, dental plans, private medical insurance, self funded health plans and mobility and living aids. 20,000 businesses choose Simplyhealth as their healthcare provider including John Lewis Partnership, Tesco, Royal Mail and British Airways. For further information about Simplyhealth please visit www.simplyhealth.co.uk/businesses or call 0845 075 0063.
- We became Simplyhealth in 2009 after bringing together HSA, BCWA, LHF, HealthSure, Totally Active, our family of health companies have joined together over the last ten years to form Simplyhealth
- In December 2011, we acquired Denplan Limited, the UK's leading dental payment plan specialist
- We’ve been providing healthcare solutions for 140 years, dedicated to serving our customers and patients through a variety of cash plans, dental plans, private medical insurance, self funded health plans and mobility and living aids
- Simplyhealth is a trading name of Simplyhealth Access, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority
- Simplyhealth as it stands today, now covers nearly four million people with health plans (more than any other company) and helps 20,000 companies with their employees’ health
- Simplyhealth is committed to making a positive impact on its communities. Each year, we donate over £1 million to health related charities and causes