Simplyhealth and Heart Research UK promote the importance of heart health on World Heart Day
Healthcare provider Simplyhealth and charity partner Heart Research UK, are promoting the importance of heart health, on this year's World Heart Day (29 September).
Simplyhealth's current television advert highlights the suggestion between heart health and dental health and the company is raising money for Heart Research UK through its Facebook page. On World Heart Day heart, angel teams from Heart FM will be in Bristol, Chester, London, Reading and Southampton giving away information on heart and dental health. People will also have the opportunity to enter a competition to win a mountain bike.
Clare Lee, Head of Brand at Simplyhealth says: "Our current advertising campaign highlights the suggested link between dental health and heart health. It's helping to raise up to £30,000 for Heart Research UK as we're donating £1 for every like on our Facebook page. People can also find health guides and videos about dental health and heart health on our Facebook page and website. The heart angels are a great way of giving people information and prompting them to think about their heart health on World Heart Day."
Heart Research UK has been funding medical research into the prevention, treatment and cure of heart disease for 45 years.
Barbara Harpham, Director at Heart Research UK says:
"The sad thing is that people do not think about their heart until something goes wrong and even ignore warning signs, forgetting that cardiovascular disease is the world's biggest killer. World Heart Day is a day to remember that at least 80% of premature deaths from heart disease and stroke could be avoided by eating a healthy diet, being more active and not smoking. We've been helping hearts for 45 years, not just with pioneering medical research, we also help people help themselves to live healthier, happier and longer lives. Now, with Simplyhealth, we are making sure an easy step, looking after your teeth, can also help to look after your heart."
Simplyhealth has been helping people access affordable healthcare for 140 years. It provides health cash plans, dental plans and private health insurance to individuals, families and businesses.
You can find out more about Simplyhealth at www.simplyhealth.co.uk. Its Facebook page can be found at www.facebook.com/SimplyhealthUK.
You can find out more about Heart Research UK at www.heartresearch.org.uk.
For further information on World Heart Day visit www.world-heart-federation.org
The heart angels will be at the following locations between 10am and 4pm:
- Grosvenor shopping centre, Chester
- Southside shopping centre in Wandsworth, London
- The Oracle shopping centre, Reading
- The Marlands shopping centre, Southampton
- And Bristol Temple Meads train station, Bristol between 11am and 2pm
Notes to Editors
- The idea of a possible link between dental health and cardiovascular disease has been researched for many years. Many studies have focused on the role that inflammation and bacteria from serious gum disease have on the arteries
- Research shows an association between gum disease and cardiovascular disease, independent of their shared risk factors, although further research is needed to prove a direct cause
About Simply Health
- We became Simplyhealth in 2009 after bringing together HSA, BCWA, LHF, HealthSure, Totally Active, our family of health companies have joined together over the last ten years to form Simplyhealth
- We've been providing healthcare solutions for 140 years, dedicated to serving our customers and patients through a variety of cash plans, dental plans, private medical insurance, self funded health plans and mobility and living aids
- Simplyhealth is a trading name of Simplyhealth Access, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority Simplyhealth as it stands today, now covers nearly four million people with health plans (more than any other company) and helps 20,000 companies with their employees' health
- Simplyhealth is committed to making a positive impact on its communities. Each year, we donate over £1 million to health related charities and causes
About Heart Research UK
- Heart Research UK is a visionary charity that has been funding ground-breaking and innovative medical research projects for 45 years since being founded by heart surgeon David Watson
- There is a strong emphasis on supporting clinical and surgical projects and young researchers on their first steps into research. The charity currently supports over £4.1m of research projects at 23 hospitals and universities across the UK, funding over £1,060,000 last year alone
- The charity also encourages and funds original healthy lifestyle initiatives that explore novel ways of preventing heart disease
- Over £1.2m has been awarded over the last 11 years to community based lifestyle projects that aim to prevent or reduce the risks of heart disease
Registered Charity No.1044821
The information contained in these articles is intended to be for general interest, and should not be relied upon for specific conditions or complaints. You should always consult your GP or other healthcare practitioner for specific advice. The information provided is not the opinion of Simplyhealth and has been sourced through a third party.