Simplyhealth announces Romana Abdin is to be new CEO
Healthcare provider Simplyhealth has today announced that its Board has selected Romana Abdin to be the company’s new Chief Executive, with effect from 1 July 2013.
Romana is currently HR & Corporate Affairs Director and Company Secretary at Simplyhealth. She will take over from Des Benjamin who is retiring after 13 years of leading the company.
We are thrilled that Romana has accepted the position, and are particularly proud that we have been able to find a successor from within Simplyhealth. Romana has demonstrated to the Board a tireless commitment over the years to doing the right thing for Simplyhealth and its customers, helping us grow as a business through the many acquisitions she has led
I am thrilled and humbled by the honour of being appointed by the Board to become Chief Executive of Simplyhealth. It’s now my duty to take Simplyhealth forward and continue its journey, celebrating all that we have achieved with Des so far, and rising to the exciting challenges that the next period will bring
Romana Abdin joined Simplyhealth in 2001. She previously worked as a barrister in the entertainment and financial services industry working for both Lloyds TSB and Bradford & Bingley. She has helped Simplyhealth through a number of mergers and acquisitions. The Board will now work with Des and Romana to ensure a smooth transition.
- Romana’s appointment is subject to regulatory approval
- Simplyhealth has been providing healthcare solutions for 140 years, dedicated to serving our customers and patients through a variety of cash plans, dental plans, private medical insurance, self funded health plans and mobility and living aids
- Simplyhealth is a trading name of Simplyhealth Access, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority
- Simplyhealth as it stands today, now covers nearly four million people with health plans (more than any other company) and helps 20,000 companies with their employees’ health
- Simplyhealth is committed to making a positive impact on its communities. Each year, we donate over £1 million to health related charities and causes