Simplyhealth builds new offices in Bristol
Healthcare provider, Simplyhealth is building a new regional office in Clifton, Bristol. Overlooking the downs on Whiteladies Road, Simplyhealth House will stand at six storeys high, providing an open plan working environment for its 330 employees. Built on the site of a derelict building, Simplyhealth House is due for completion in November 2013.
We’re very excited about this development as Clifton is a beautiful conservation area with good public transport links from the city centre, offering our employees a pleasant and desirable location to work. Victoria Street in Bristol has been our home for 17 years but after reaching capacity we needed to seek out a more long term solution. Our new building will enable us to expand with the needs of the business allowing us to continue to offer excellent personal customer service to our private medical insurance customers. We’re now two thirds of the way through the build and will start to move our employees in shortly after completion.
We began building our new offices in June last year after taking down the former derelict bank building, for which we were able to recycle 99% of the materials. It’s important to us that we follow our mutual values and act responsibly towards our communities, therefore Simplyhealth House has been designed to minimise energy use and carbon emissions and includes renewable energy sources such as solar panels. Its external materials also include natural stone and handmade bricks so that it’s in keeping with the area. We’re confident this will be a great move for the company and look forward to taking up our new position in Clifton.
Recently, Des Benjamin, Simplyhealth’s CEO visited Simplyhealth House to take part in a ceremony where he laid a number of bricks to celebrate reaching the highest point of the building. Des was also joined by the company’s building suppliers - property specialists, Stoford and contractors BAM.
Simplyhealth is dedicated to serving its customers and patients through a variety of cash plans, dental plans, private medical insurance, self funded health plans and mobility and living aids. It has been helping people access affordable healthcare for 140 years and helps nearly four million people with their healthcare needs.
Simplyhealth has offices in Andover, Bristol, Leeds, Letchworth and Manchester. In July 2013, Simplyhealth announced it would be combining its private medical insurance operations to one location, Bristol, and that its office in Letchworth will close. Simplyhealth also owns Denplan, the UK’s leading dental payment plan specialist based in Winchester.
- We became Simplyhealth in 2009 after bringing together HSA, BCWA, LHF, HealthSure, Totally Active, our family of health companies have joined together over the last ten years to form Simplyhealth
- In December 2011, we acquired Denplan Limited, the UK's leading dental payment plan specialist
- We’ve been providing healthcare solutions for 140 years, dedicated to serving our customers and patients through a variety of cash plans, dental plans, private medical insurance, self funded health plans and mobility and living aids
- Simplyhealth is a trading name of Simplyhealth Access, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority
- Simplyhealth as it stands today, now covers nearly four million people with health plans (more than any other company) and helps 20,000 companies with their employees’ health
- Simplyhealth is committed to making a positive impact on its communities. Each year, we donate over £1 million to health related charities and causes