Simplyhealth calls for nominations for Grandparents Lifetime Achievement Award
Simplyhealth has teamed up with baby charity Tommy’s for the second year running to offer the Simplyhealth Grandparents Lifetime Achievement Award at the prestigious annual Tommy’s Awards. Now in their 20th year, the awards are for families everywhere who have been touched by pregnancy complications or the loss of a baby, and to celebrate special individuals who have supported each other through the toughest of times.
The Simplyhealth Grandparents Lifetime Achievement Award honours grandparents who have gone above and beyond the call of duty to care for their family after the arrival of a grandchild born too soon. Every year, 60,000 babies across the UK are born prematurely – the equivalent of one in every 13 births – with some needing substantial care both in special care baby units in hospital, and when they finally go home. The award pays tribute to the role of grandparents during this difficult time to both their own children and their grandchildren, and will honour one stand-out individual.
Simplyhealth is now inviting families to nominate that very special grandparent for the Tommy’s Awards. Nominations can be made via the Bounty website until 11 November 2014, and the winner will be announced at the Tommy’s Awards ceremony at the Landmark Hotel, London, on Friday 20 March 2015.
We’re really pleased to be sponsoring the Grandparents Lifetime Achievement Award for the second year running. We know just how important the service and advice Tommy’s provides is to parents and the 2015 awards are a chance for those individuals to be recognised for the support they give when parents need it most. It was extremely heart-warming to attend the awards last year and we’re looking forward to reading the incredible stories from this year’s nominations.
We’re delighted to be working with Simplyhealth again this year to help families to say thank you to grandparents for all of those things that they can’t put into words. Having a premature baby is an incredibly nerve wracking and stressful time, and a time when the support of family and loved ones can make all the difference. We’re looking forward to receiving the nominations and honouring a real family hero.
To find out more or to make a nomination, visit the Bounty website:http://www.bounty.com/tommys-awards-2015
Notes to editor
• We became Simplyhealth in 2009 after bringing together HSA, BCWA, LHF, HealthSure, Totally Active, our family of health companies have joined together over the last ten years to form Simplyhealth
• In December 2011, we acquired Denplan Limited, the UK's leading dental payment plan specialist
• We’ve been providing healthcare solutions for over 140 years, dedicated to serving our customers and patients through a variety of cash plans, dental plans, private medical insurance, self funded health plans and mobility and living aids
• Simplyhealth is a trading name of Simplyhealth Access, which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
• Simplyhealth as it stands today, now covers nearly four million people with health plans (more than any other company) and helps 20,000 companies with their employees’ health
• Simplyhealth is committed to making a positive impact on its communities. Each year, we donate over £1 million to health related charities and causes
For further information about Simplyhealth:
Lynsey Thorp, Public Relations Manager 0844 579 2266 Or email@example.com
Tommy’s funds medical research into the prevention of premature birth, stillbirth and miscarriage. We provide advice and treatment through our clinics, website and publications, and our free helpline the PregnancyLine. We believe every pregnancy should have a happy ending and that every baby should have the best chance of being born healthy. www.tommys.org
About the Tommy's Awards with Bounty
• Since 1995 The Tommy's Awards has recognised the vital support that friends, family and health professionals offer couples who suffer a pregnancy complication or loss of a baby. The Awards also recognise the organisations that are making a real difference to families’ lives all over the UK, and ensuring parents’ needs are met.
• With 2.5 million members and over 50,000 new members joining every month, Bounty provides information, support and products for young families and is the largest online meeting point for expectant and new mums (www.bounty.com)