Simplyhealth donates £10,000 to youth football programme in Andover
A local youth football programme run by Lions in the Community, has received a donation of £10,000 from healthcare provider Simplyhealth. The funds will allow the group to deliver a range of sports activities during the summer and to promote football to girls under the age of 11 in the Andover area.
Cathy Devereux, Director of Lions in the Community comments: "We offer an extensive programme of football coaching in primary, secondary and special schools for children in the Andover area. In our sessions we encourage children of all abilities to practice and develop their skills in a fun environment.
"One of our big plans for 2013 is to reach out and encourage girls in the local area to take up playing football. As part of this goal, we also hope to start a development centre where girls can practice their skills.
"With Simplyhealth's support, we can continue to deliver good quality and consistent football coaching to children in the Andover area. The funds will also allow us to update the current equipment and raise awareness of our programmes."
Mark Day spokesperson for Simplyhealth says: "The activities that Lions in the Community undertake have a really positive impact on children in and around Andover. Not only is sport a fun extra curricular activity, it is also an integral part of children's health and wellbeing and we are delighted to offer Lions in the Community our support."
For more information of Lions in the Community please visit www.pitchero.com/clubs/lionsinthecommunity
Simplyhealth has active community funds in five of its locations, Andover, Bristol, Leeds, Letchworth and Manchester, which exist to support charities and organisations in the local community. To contact the Andover community fund please email email@example.com. Visit Simplyhealth's Facebook page www.facebook.com/simplyhealthuk or follow us on Twitter @SimplyhealthUK to find out more on how the company works with local and national charities.
Notes to Editor
- We became Simplyhealth in 2009 after bringing together HSA, BCWA, LHF, HealthSure, Totally Active, our family of health companies have joined together over the last ten years to form Simplyhealth
- We've been providing healthcare solutions for 140 years, dedicated to serving our customers and patients through a variety of cash plans, dental plans, private medical insurance, self funded health plans and mobility and living aids
- Simplyhealth is a trading name of Simplyhealth Access, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority
- Simplyhealth as it stands today, now covers nearly four million people with health plans (more than any other company) and helps 20,000 companies with their employees' health
- Simplyhealth is committed to making a positive impact on its communities. Each year, we donate over £1 million to health related charities and causes