Simplyhealth launches new TV and social media campaign with Heart Research UK
Healthcare provider Simplyhealth is launching a new television advertising and social media campaign that will help to raise money for national heart charity, Heart Research UK. It's the first time Simplyhealth has brought its mutual values to life by supporting a charity through its advertising.
The advert, which will air on digital and terrestrial channels from Monday evening (17 September), states how research suggests there may be a link between dental health and cardiovascular disease. It prompts viewers to go to the Simplyhealth UK Facebook page and "Like" an app. By doing so, they will be able to read highlights of research from medical institutes, read free health guides on dental health and heart health and watch videos with experts. Simplyhealth will then donate £1 to Heart Research UK for every "Like" they receive, up to £30,000.
Clare Lee, Head of Brand at Simplyhealth says: "This is an exciting campaign that will help raise money for a very worthwhile charity. When people come to our Facebook page they will be able to read highlights of research from leading medical institutes that's been carried out into the possible links between dental health and cardiovascular disease and learn more about how to look after their teeth and heart. We hope that this will prompt people to think about their health in a new way."
Heart Research UK has been funding medical research into the prevention, treatment and cure of heart disease for 45 years. It also encourages healthy heart lifestyles and wants communities to have happier, healthier and longer lives.
Barbara Harpham, Director at Heart Research UK says: "We've been helping hearts now for over 45 years and our partnership with Simplyhealth is an ideal way to encourage people to keep their hearts healthy. All that is raised through this campaign will help fund our pioneering medical research, Master Classes for young doctors, rehabilitation for children with heart problems as well as local community projects to help people to live healthier, happier, longer lives."
People can go to the Simplyhealth Facebook page or website to watch videos with Periodontologist Dr Robin Seymour, who gives his support to the campaign, and Roger Matthews, Chief Dental Officer at Denplan which is now part of Simplyhealth.
Simplyhealth has been helping people access affordable healthcare for 140 years. It provides health cash plans, dental plans and private health insurance to individuals, families and businesses.
Simplyhealth Independent Living provides mobility products and daily living aids.
You can find out more about Simplyhealth at www.simplyhealth.co.uk. Its Facebook page can be found at www.facebook.com/SimplyhealthUK.
Notes to Editors
- The idea of a possible link between dental health and cardiovascular disease has been researched for many years. Many studies have focused on the role that inflammation and bacteria from serious gum disease have on the arteries
- Research shows an association between gum disease and cardiovascular disease, independent of their shared risk factors, although further research is needed to prove a direct cause
About Simply Health
- We became Simplyhealth in 2009 after bringing together HSA, BCWA, LHF, HealthSure, Totally Active, our family of health companies have joined together over the last ten years to form Simplyhealth
- We've been providing healthcare solutions for 140 years, dedicated to serving our customers and patients through a variety of cash plans, dental plans, private medical insurance, self funded health plans and mobility and living aids
- Simplyhealth is a trading name of Simplyhealth Access, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority Simplyhealth as it stands today, now covers nearly four million people with health plans (more than any other company) and helps 20,000 companies with their employees' health
- Simplyhealth is committed to making a positive impact on its communities. Each year, we donate over £1 million to health related charities and causes
About Heart Research UK
- Heart Research UK is a visionary charity that has been funding ground-breaking and innovative medical research projects for 45 years since being founded by heart surgeon David Watson
- There is a strong emphasis on supporting clinical and surgical projects and young researchers on their first steps into research. The charity currently supports over £4.1m of research projects at 23 hospitals and universities across the UK, funding over £1,060,000 last year alone
- The charity also encourages and funds original healthy lifestyle initiatives that explore novel ways of preventing heart disease
- Over £1.2m has been awarded over the last 11 years to community based lifestyle projects that aim to prevent or reduce the risks of heart disease
Registered Charity No.1044821
The information contained in these articles is intended to be for general interest, and should not be relied upon for specific conditions or complaints. You should always consult your GP or other healthcare practitioner for specific advice. The information provided is not the opinion of Simplyhealth and has been sourced through a third party.