Simplyhealth reaches its £150,000 target for Heart Research UK
Simplyhealth has donated £150,000 to Heart Research UK following its first integrated media campaign. Using TV and radio advertising, social media and PR, the campaign raised awareness of the potential link between poor oral health and cardiovascular disease. For every ‘Like’ Simplyhealth received on its Facebook page during the campaign period it donated £1* to leading heart charity Heart Research UK.
We’re very pleased that our campaign has engaged 150,000 people on Facebook and we would like to thank everyone who supported our campaign by Liking our Facebook page and who helped us turn the need for this important research study to a reality. We have awarded £98,802 to the University of Sheffield and Taunton & Somerset NHS Trust to study the link between dental health and cardiovascular disease. This piece of research will now help us understand more about the impact that antibiotics can have for patients at risk of infective endocarditis, which is a serious infection of the lining of the heart that affects 2,000 to 5,000 people per year in the UK. It will be the lasting legacy of our campaign.
- We became Simplyhealth in 2009 after bringing together HSA, BCWA, LHF, HealthSure, Totally Active, our family of health companies have joined together over the last ten years to form Simplyhealth
- In December 2011, we acquired Denplan Limited, the UK's leading dental payment plan specialist
- We’ve been providing healthcare solutions for 140 years, dedicated to serving our customers and patients through a variety of cash plans, dental plans, private medical insurance, self funded health plans and mobility and living aids
- Simplyhealth is a trading name of Simplyhealth Access, which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority
- Simplyhealth as it stands today, now covers nearly four million people with health plans (more than any other company) and helps 20,000 companies with their employees’ health
- Simplyhealth is committed to making a positive impact on its communities. Each year, we donate over £1 million to health related charities and causes