Simplyhealth uncovers the nation's paperwork panic
· Brits admit to having up to four hours’ worth of outstanding admin tasks to complete, citing reasons such as difficulty finding the time to do them (15%) and taking too long (12%) as some of the main reasons for putting tasks off.
· It’s our teeth that are often the most neglected with over a quarter (26%) of respondents saying they often leave booking a dentist appointment as the last thing to complete on their to-do lists.
· One in four (24%) have experienced problems after putting off their tasks, including increased stress (33%) and worsened health (20%).
· New survey also found that on average people spend three months putting off finishing their admin tasks because they find it difficult to find the time to do them.
New survey commissioned by the UK’s leading health solutions provider, Simplyhealth, has found that Brits who have admin tasks* have four hours of jobs outstanding to complete. Tasks sitting on the dreaded ‘to do list’ include booking a dentist appointment (26%) and making a will (25%), with one in 10 admitting they’ve left signing up to a GP as the last job to complete.
Sadly, one in four (24%) have experienced problems after putting off such a task for too long, including increased stress (33%), worsened health (20%) and frustration from family members for not taking care of themselves (20%). One in five (19%) admitted that they let their insurance policy run out and they weren’t covered when they needed it, giving reasons for putting off these tasks including that they feel overwhelmed by the tasks (10%).
On average, respondents revealed that they spend three months putting off completing their admin tasks. ‘Dread-min’ has a devastating impact on many aspects of life, as almost a sixth (15%) say the main reasons they put off tasks is because they can’t face dealing with them or find it too difficult to find the time to do them.
The poll of 2,000 UK adults, reveals the extent of the impact long and laborious red tape has on our day-to-day lives. For the past few years, the UK has faced into quite extraordinary macroeconomic times and added stress of daily admin can soon feel overwhelming. The impact this can have on health, combined with the ongoing pressure the NHS is facing, can leave many unsure of where to turn. Simplyhealth enables customers to take back control of their health. Through its intuitive app, customers can simply book and manage their health and dental appointments, making admin tasks much easier to complete and track.
Almost half (46%) of Brits wish that they had been taught how to complete common personal/ life admin tasks better at school, as three-quarters (74%) of those surveyed said they don’t have someone in their life to ask advice from on how to complete particularly difficult admin tasks.
Four in ten (39%) Brits wish there was more assistance available to achieve their admin tasks, while two-fifths (40%) said they’re more likely to complete an admin task if they can do it online or via an app.
Simplyhealth offers straight-up, simple solutions to health and dental care that cuts through the complexity - from what you get to how you claim, including:
· Instant phone access to a GP 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year
· Fast and easy claims via Simplyhealth’s app or online, with no excess to pay
· Pick an appointment time to fit your schedule
· Personalised service - choose the GP that’s right for you
· Easy access to your doctor's notes in the app
It is worrying to see that one in four have experienced problems, such as stress and worsening health, as a result of putting off admin tasks. We are currently facing a number of challenges, with the cost-of-living crisis, energy costs and NHS pressure, coupled with admin tasks increasing, it can feel overwhelming. Our findings show that for a fifth (20%) of Brits, the amount of admin they are required to do has increased in the past year.
For 150 years, we have been providing affordable access to healthcare and because of this, we understand that more needs to be done to break down barriers to good dental and health care. That’s why we are focussed on simple and fast solutions that enable people to manage their health. Our health and dental plans cut through the red tape, freeing up more time for the important things in life. Our mission is to provide affordable and accessible healthcare for all.