Simplyhealth's response to Competition Commission provisional findings
Simplyhealth has been an active participant in the Competition Commission enquiry. We have stressed the importance of transparent information and are pleased that the Commission has taken our recommendations on board in its provisional findings. We believe that information on outcomes and costs should be available to all patients, regardless of whether they use the NHS or private providers, to ensure they can make informed decisions about their care. We’re also pleased to see that the Competition Commission has recognised the high standard of service provided by smaller insurers. Simplyhealth is committed to providing excellent personal customer service and ensuring that our customers get the care they expect. In the latest Customer Satisfaction Index from the Institute of Customer Service, Simplyhealth was rated far above any other company in our sector. We are pleased with the direction the enquiry is taking and believe that the remedies proposed will benefit private healthcare patients. We will continue to work with the Competition Commission following the publication of these provisional findings to reach a solution that will benefit patients and our customers.
Romana Abdin, Simplyhealth CEO
- We became Simplyhealth in 2009 after bringing together HSA, BCWA, LHF, HealthSure, Totally Active, our family of health companies have joined together over the last ten years to form Simplyhealth
- We’ve been providing healthcare solutions for over 140 years, dedicated to serving our customers and patients through a variety of cash plans, dental plans, private medical insurance, self funded health plans and mobility and living aids
- Simplyhealth is a trading name of Simplyhealth Access, which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority
- Simplyhealth as it stands today, now covers nearly four million people with health plans (more than any other company) and helps 20,000 companies with their employees’ health
- Simplyhealth is committed to making a positive impact on its communities. Each year, we donate over £1 million to health related charities and causes